OP: Semen: nutrient facts & taste
Thing I don't understand: if it is truly high in fruit sugar, how come it mostly tastes bitter or salty? Shouldn't it's main taste be sweet? I've only experienced this once with my bf; a true sweet taste... Perhaps usually it contains more salt? And where does the bitterness come from?
Salt is a minor component of semen. Because urine itself is salty, and, because both share the urethra, semen can pick up some residual salt as it travels thru the urethra.
What does average healthy semen contain?
You know, like an overview of nutrient values that you get on most products in the supermarket.
And: which of these "ingredients" influence(s) the flavor?
Reports vary regarding the quantity of sperm in the average ejaculate. I've read where semen contains between 60 and 300 million sperm to as high as 600 million. I have no idea why such a large variance between reports.
The nutritional value amounts to about 5 calories.
The pH is about 7.
Semen is only about 1% sperm.
Semen contains mainly various proteins, vitamins, salts, cholesterol, citric acid, fructose, enzymes, phosphorylcholine, prostaglandin, potassium, free amino acids, zinc, and water. All the extras are what protect, feed, and, fuel the sperm along its journey.**
The average volume of semen produced in a single ejaculation varies from 2 to 5 ml. and depends mainly upon the time span between ejaculations. Multiple orgasms in a single session tend to have less and less volume and intensity with each successive climax. Waiting 72 hours or longer for the "well" to replenish itself will restore fluid volume and the intensity of the subsequent ejaculation. (Multiple orgasms in a day be they spaced out several hours and/or within a single session tend to become weaker with each additional climax, although, not necessarily less satisfying.)
Most of the fluid in semen is comprised of secretions from male reproductive organs.
* 65 per cent of the fluid is produced by the seminal vesicles
* 30 to 35 per cent by the prostate
* 5 per cent from the testicles and epididymes
** As you can see in terms of semen's composition, it's fairly obvious that what you eat will make it taste better or worse!
Getting a sweeter taste--
With sperm taste, the aim is to make it taste sweeter.
All men have a semen taste that is exclusive to them, but the major complaint on sperm taste is normally always the same:
It tastes bitter or salty; let's look at how to make semen taste sweeter
"10 Tips for better semen taste
Source: Sacha Tarkovsky
Here then are 10 simple do's and don'ts to improve the taste of your sperm and make your semen taste better and sweeter:
1. Cut out alcohol, caffeine, recreational drugs and nicotine, they're all pollutants.
2. Drink lots of water 1-2 liters (4-8 cups) a day to flush out body toxins.
3. Eat lots of fruit each day such as pineapple, papaya cranberry, melons, mangos, apples grapes are all good choices. These fruits are high in natural sugars and offset the bitter taste.
4. Eat plenty of vegetables which are generally good for improving sperm taste.
5. While it is true vegetarians generally have better tasting sperm there are vegetables to avoid:
Any vegetables from the cabbage family big offenders also include Cauliflower, broccoli, or asparagus:
5. Cut red meat consumption this is one pf the main offenders when it comes to making sperm taste salty. Dairy produce such as milk and cheese also make sperm taste salty.
Make sure when you eat protein you get good quality lean protein such as chicken and turkey.
Fish is claimed by some to be an offender in terms of taste, but this seems to vary between individuals. Try it and see the affects before cutting it out, fish is a major part of a healthy diet, so don't cut it out!
6. Avoid heavy spices such as Garlic and onions, they're big offenders when it comes to sperm taste, as they have a high sulfur content.
7. Do not buy products that claim to make your semen taste better there is no evidence that they work.
Your semen can be made to taste better by overall changes in diet and lifestyle, it's a complex formula and a good healthy diet has the biggest affect.
8. Parsley, wheat grass, and celery are particularly recommended for sweeter semen taste, because of their high chlorophyll content.
9. Cinnamon, cardamom, peppermint and lemon are particularly recommended for making semen taste sweeter.
10. Avoid junk food, they're loaded with chemicals and preservatives that pollute your body and your semen's taste.
Try and eat food "from the earth" i.e. as naturally as possible. Also consider taking a zinc and selenium supplement, both are needed for healthy sperm and can make the taste better.
Finally, strong smelling semen may indicate an infection, so if your semen taste doesn't change when you change your diet, you should consider a visit to the doctor.
Your aim with your diet is to eat one that helps your overall health and the above recommendations will not only make your semen taste better you will also feel fitter and healthier as well.
Keep in mind that you can eat some of the foods we don't recommend for sperm taste.
You can enjoy red meat and the occasional spiced curry just keep in mind the following when considering sperm taste:
What you put into your body takes between 12 and 24 hours to secrete out and you should simply keep this in mind before eating and deciding whether you want a better sperm taste on that particular day or not!"
OP: dancingdoc2 09/26/2010
Posted: 23 Sep 04:28