OP: Nausea from pill?

my g/f is having morening sickness in the morning. she does not throw up, but she gets very naucious (sp?) she takes the pill at 11:30, if that has to do wityh anything and does the pill make your period come around the middle pills? my g/f took the pills two weeks after her period. thank you

jeff

Posted: 27 Sep 04:50

Replies:

yes the pill can make you nauseous so some Dr. will advise you take it at night. These side effects are usually permanent, they only last a month or so. I take mine at 11 at night before I go to bed. Are you meaning 1130 am or pm?
All pills are different but usually when you start your very first pack of pills you take them the first day of your period or the first sunday after your period starts. From then on your period falls w/in the placebo pills. For me,I start on a sunday. I take 3 weeks of pills, white ones, light blue, then dark blue. then there is a week of placebo pills. you can take them or not...depends on the brand. I usually start my period by tues or wed. then I start a new pack that sunday. five days later.
does that make sense?? lol
not sure why she started 2 weeks after her period. and no its not usually in the middle of the pack that you start your period. When you first start the pill it takes a month or 2 for you body and cycle to go along w/ the pills. Be sure you guys are using a back up method during that time.

BTW... it seems like you and your g/f sure have a lot of issues w/ the pill. I was looking back at all your posts and every ones you've started had to do w/ the pill. Maybe she should think about an alternative like the shot or patch. something she doesn't have to remember everyday...just a thought. b/c all these slip ups are bound to catch up w/ you eventually.
good luck.

demonbuttercup

to clarify the situation, her dr. told her she could start. she is worried because it has been more then a month, she is late about a week or less. she is just really scared. so your period can come later when you first start the pill?
jeff

She should talk to her doctor. Generally, another form of birth control should be used in addition to the pill for one complete cycle. Different women react differently to different pills. There are several different dosages and combinations available and the specific differences can be good for some women and not for others.

Yes, going on the pill does cause some women to experience nausea. Maybe a different pill will help, maaybe not. Like any medication, it takes some trial and error to get it right.

I cannot tell from your post whether she started the pill with her cycle or in the middle. This, too, can make a difference. She should be getting the info, not you, and she should be getting ti from whoever prescribed it, not some strangers on the internet.

Brandye

Good point Brandye. Especially since all pills are different.
Your first month taking the pills can make your period do crazy things. but from looking at latter posts, your g/f has been on the pill awhile right?
When I started my very first pack my period lasted awhile. Breakthrough bleeding they call it.
now Im on schedule.
here is how its broken down... starting on sunday
week 1- start white pills
week 2- start light blue pills
week 3- start dark blue pills
week 4- not taking any pills, I don't bother w/ the placebos in my pack...they don't have any extra iron or anything.
by wed. I have started my period. it usually lasts till saturday or sunday. by that sunday I am starting a new pack...even if my period is still going a little.

But like Brandye said, she should ask her DR. exactly. there are tons of different brands of pills so my colors won't coordinate w/ her probably. Im on ortho tricylen lo.
If she is worried maybe she should take a pregnancy test or something.

demonbuttercup

Add a Reply!